Serpentine finned tubes|Bend fin tubesVIEW MORE+
Tin brazed copper finned tube and Phosphorus-copper brazed finned tube with copper tube has 100% weld rate. Brazed copper finned tube have no contact thermal resistance, small fin wrinkle, large heat transfer capacity and working temperature of 550℃.
What are phosphor copper brazing finned tubes?
Phosphor copper brazing finned tubes also call brazed copper finned tube, which are heat transfer components commonly used in various industrial applications. They consist of a copper tube with extended fins attached to its outer surface. These fins increase the surface area of the tube, allowing for more efficient heat transfer.
Advantages of Phosphor Copper Brazing Finned Tubes:
1. Enhanced Heat Transfer: The finned design increases the surface area available for heat exchange, resulting in improved heat transfer efficiency.
2. Compact Size: The increased heat transfer efficiency allows for a more compact design, reducing the overall size and weight of heat exchangers or cooling systems.
3. Uniform Temperature Distribution: The finned design promotes uniform airflow and heat dissipation, ensuring consistent temperature distribution across the tubes surface.
4. Resistance to Corrosion: Phosphor copper exhibits excellent corrosion resistance, ensuring the longevity and durability of the finned tubes.
5. Compatibility with Various Environments: Phosphor copper brazing finned tubes can withstand a wide range of operating conditions, including high temperatures and harsh environments.
Applications of Phosphor Copper Brazing Finned Tubes:
1. Heat Exchangers: They are widely used in air conditioning, refrigeration, and HVAC systems to enhance heat transfer between the refrigerant and the ambient air.
2. Radiators: Phosphor copper brazing finned tubes are employed in automotive and industrial radiators to improve the cooling efficiency.
3. Condensers: They are utilized in power plants and chemical processing industries for efficient heat removal during the condensation process.
4. Oil Coolers: Phosphor copper brazing finned tubes find application in oil coolers for industrial equipment and machinery, ensuring efficient heat dissipation and preventing overheating.
How to fabricate Phosphor Copper Brazing Finned Tubes:
The fabrication process involves the following steps:
1. Tube Preparation: A copper tube is selected based on the desired specifications and requirements.
2. Fin Attachment: The fins are typically made of copper or aluminum and are mechanically or thermally bonded to the outer surface of the tube. The most common method is to use a high-temperature brazing process, where the fins are brazed onto the tube using phosphor copper as the brazing material.
3. Brazing: The assembly of the tube and fins is placed in a furnace or brazing machine, where heat is applied to melt the phosphor copper brazing material. This creates a strong bond between the fins and the tube.
4. Post-treatment: After brazing, the finned tube may undergo further processes like cleaning, degreasing, and surface treatment to ensure its quality and performance.
The primary materials used in phosphor copper brazing finned tubes:
The tube itself is typically made of copper, which is chosen for its excellent thermal conductivity and corrosion resistance. Copper is a common choice in heat transfer applications due to its ability to efficiently conduct heat.
The fins attached to the outer surface of the tube can be made of either copper or aluminum, depending on the specific requirements of the application. Copper fins provide better heat transfer performance, but aluminum fins are often preferred for their lighter weight and cost-effectiveness.
During the brazing process, a phosphor copper alloy is used as the brazing material. Phosphor copper alloys consist of copper with a small percentage of phosphorus, which enhances the brazing properties by reducing the melting point and improving the fluidity of the brazing material. The phosphor copper alloy creates a strong bond between the tube and the fins, ensuring a secure attachment.
Why choose Phosphor Copper Brazing Finned Tubes?
1. Efficient Heat Transfer: The finned design ensures excellent heat transfer performance, making them suitable for applications that require efficient heat exchange.
2. Corrosion Resistance: Phosphor copper offers high resistance to corrosion, making these finned tubes durable and suitable for various environments.
3. Compact Design: The increased heat transfer efficiency allows for compact designs, saving space and reducing the overall weight of heat transfer equipment.
4. Versatility: Phosphor copper brazing finned tubes can be used in a wide range of industries and applications, offering flexibility and adaptability.
Its important to note that specific fabrication techniques and design considerations may vary depending on the manufacturer and the desired specifications of the phosphor copper brazing finned tubes.
In order to forward you a promt offer we would be pleased to receive you detailed enquiry including:
• Base tube material
• Base tube size (OD x WT x Length)
• Fin material
• Fin type
• Fin diameter or height
• Fin thickness
• Fins per inch, meter or fin pitch
• Lenght of plain, unfinned ends
• Finned Tube Quantity
(Additional fabrication, such as bend or weld the tubes into tubeplate or assembly)