What types of heat pumps currently use finned copper tubes in their coils?
In air-to-air units, both condensers and evaporators typically use round tube plate fin (RTPF) heat exchanger technology. A HPWH typically uses a RTPF heat exchanger for the evaporator and either a submersed coil inside the water tank or a wound coil on the outside
of the water tank as condenser. The condenser provides the heat to the water.
Which heat-pump heat exchanger applications use finned copper tubes?
• Residential HP for space heating and cooling
• Residential HPWHs
• Commercial HPWHs, if the demand is not too high (e.g., less than eight gallons per hour).
• HP with eco-friendly refrigerants
• HP with natural or chemical-free refrigerants
• HP with phase-change materials